Okay before I tell you about this truly entertaining cookbook I have a couple of confessions:
1. I don't bake (although Dees' book just might change that)
2. I rarely eat dessert (but should I decide to take a stab at one of his recipes,even though they look easy, I will have to sample the fruits of my labor). I am however a foodie who dines around a lot. But my husband Richard is the chief dinner cook when we eat home so he'll really love this book.
3. I am a writer who knows good reading when I see it and this book is truly as entertaining as it is helpful.
4. I was once Rick Dee's Dining Diva on one of his LA radio shows. My husband and I met him on a cruise ship which served lots of desserts.
5. I also know Wolfgang Puck
Dees actually posts a photo of himself in the book as a fat, little dessert-loving fourth-grader who trimmed down during his late teens and adult life by working off the calorie
But Dees steals the show after the initial intros with recipes for everything from apple pie to everything in-between--chocolate chip cookies, pecan pie, Moravian "OMG" cake and more, all interspersed with Dees special sense of humor and anecdotes. I'm still reading an lovin it as it's all finger licking good.
RickDeeserts.com and RickDees.recipes.